BRETT B. THOMPSON| PRINCIPAL, ESQ.
Brett B. Thompson focuses his practice on residential and commercial real estate, refinancing, corporate law, business law, creditor’s rights and civilian litigation.
A native of Chesapeake, Virginia, he is a 1993 graduate of Western Branch High School in Chesapeake, where he was an All-American wrestler. Brett resides in Virginia Beach with his wife, Tiffany, daughter, Briana, and son, Brock. When not focusing on his family, profession or civic organizations, Brett enjoys teaching a martial art called Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu as an instructor at Linxx Academy of Martial Arts. He started training in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in 1997 and he received his Black Belt from world renowned Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Professor Pedro Sauer in 2005.
- Commonwealth of Virginia, 2001
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Eastern Virginia, 2003
- Virginia Military Institute–B.A., 1998
- Regent University–J.D., 2001
Professional and Civic Associations
- Member and Past President, Norfolk Sunrise Rotary Club
- Courthouse Community United Methodist Church
- Board of Directors, United Way of South Hampton Roads
- Norfolk Sertoma Club
- Hampton Roads Chamber of Commerce LEAD HAMPTON ROADS Program
- Hampton Roads Association for Commercial Real Estate
- Tidewater Mortgage Bankers Association
- Board of Directors, TowneBank Leadership Alliance
Awards and Recognition
- “Top 40 Under 40 Business Professionals in Hampton Roads,” Inside Business Magazine, 2009
- Wrestling Scholarship, Virginia Military Institute